The other day I was missing my southern food BIG time. I can’t find anything like it out here in the desert. I have been trying to eat healthy but my body wanted deep fried yummy sugary coated goodness so I made these puppies! Cameron’s life (and probably cholesterol) was changed for ever. He devoured the whole plate.
Put some SOUTH in your mouth!
Southern Fried Beignets
1. Cover small skillet with 1/2 inch of oil. We used canola.
2.You will know it is hot enough if you take you take and flick a little bit of water into the oil and here it sizzle.
3. Form small beignets using Pillsbury crescent roll dough and cut in small triangles.
4. Place dough in oil until lightly brown and then flip. This should only take 30 seconds or so.
5. Carefully remove and set on plate with a paper towel to absorb the oil.
6. Coat with your favorite topping like powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar!